Archive for November, 2008
Posted in Uncategorized
on November 20, 2008 by littclass
Explain how you do these things in Power Point, as simply as you can.
1. GET A NEW SLIDE
2. CHOOSE A BACKGROUND
3. INSERT A TEXT BOX
4. INSERT A PICTURE
5. MAKE THE WORDS AND PICTURES MOVE
Posted in Uncategorized
on November 13, 2008 by littclass
Write a letter using the text below in red. We will work on the percents together, fill in the number of students and adults you polled.
Use letter form, ask if you don’t know what that looks like or go to en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX/Letters to see a sample.
After you have your letter written, print it and print your spreadsheet pivot table. Staple together:
1. Letter on top
2. Print out of Spreadsheet pivot table
3. Original data
Here’s the letter to write
We would like you to consider a request from us students. We would like (you state your request here) .
We polled (number) students and (number) adults from the ASCEND community. As a sampling of ____% of our community our results show that ____% of students polled and _____% of parents polled were in favor of our request.
We are including our polls. We asked each person polled to give their name so our data can be verified.
We look forward to your answer.
Posted in 7th grade
on November 12, 2008 by littclass
Assignment: Make an Instructional Power Point
Make a power point to instruct people on the topic of carrying heavy weights safely.
Use the words below for each slide, so there should be 5 slides in your presentation. Use any background you like. Find images for each slide.
The tone of your presentation should be serious and not “frilly” or funny.
1. Size up the load and determine if you can lift it alone, or if you should ask for help.
2. Stand close to the load with your feet wide apart.
3. Bend at the hips and knees, not your waist. This helps keep your center of balance and enables your strong leg muscles to do the lifting.
4. Hug the load. The closer the load is to your body, the less pressure it will put on your back.
5. Squat down when you set the load down. Bend at the hips and knees, and arch your lower back in.
Posted in 8th Grade Girls
on November 6, 2008 by littclass
8th Grade Girls, respond to this….
As a “comment”, tell me….
1. How are you today (be honest)?
2.Who are you working with on the “Poll” assignment?
3. Tell me one thing Positive about school (dig deep, you can do it).
4. Tell me one thing that is a negative experience for oyu at school.
Posted in 8th Grade Boys
on November 3, 2008 by littclass
Eighth Grade Boys:
Tell us what issue you are going to poll people on in our “Take a Poll” assignment we’re doing now before Thanksgiving…..