#23 Introducing Spreadsheets
1. Download the sample spreadsheet by clicking on the image on the right.
2. You are going to learn how to copy this spreadsheet and make one yourself.
3. Follow Mr. Litt’s instructions, for those of you who want to start, here’s the basics….
First open a spreadsheet: Applications<Office<Open Office Spreadsheet
1. Notice how the columns are labeled “A”, “B”, “C” and so on. Move your cursor arrow on the line between the “B” and “C” on the top and you can stretch the “B” column by holding down the left mouse button and dragging it. Stretch the “C” column in the same way.
2. Fill in the spreadsheet EXACTLY as it appears in the example. Make sure you put the words in the same boxes, called “cells”, as they appear on the example, such as the word “Earth” appears in cell B4. That’s the 4th row in the “B” column.
3. When you are done, fill in the information according to the Zodiac sign poll we do in class and save the spreadsheet to the documents folder and email a copy to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.