Archive for the 8th Grade Girls Category
For this assignment, download the worksheet from the link below that says “template-research2”.
1. Click on the link AND BE PATIENT!
2. When the “open” window comes up, choose “Save File”
3. When the download window opens, right click and open the worksheet in Open Office.
4. Be ready to work!
1. COPY the first paragraph below (in red) and PASTE it onto a word processing document on Open Office.
2. READ the paragraph carefully for mistakes. There will be spelling, capitalization and grammar problems
3. CORRECT the mistakes. Each paragraph has ten mistakes.
4. Call me over to CHECK OFF your work.
Rubber Duck Voyagers
On a stormy journey in the North Pacific ocean, thousands of rubber ducks and other bathtub toys were lost when a container was sweeped off a ship. Free to rid the ocean waves since January 1992, many of those ducks have found their way to Alaskas shores others still remain at see. Scientists continue too search for lost ducks as a weigh to study ocean currents. Lucky finder’s of one of the ducks may claim a $100 reward!
I want you to go to a site called “Beyond the Fire”. It’s a website that tells the stories of 15 teens who have llived through war recently in the world.
The website is http://www.itvs.org/beyondthefire/
1. Go to that website in another window.
2. Listen to three stories.
3. Reply in the “comment” link on this weblog. Tell me the name of one person’s story you listened to, and tell me how you felt listening to their story.
Use the text below to design your page (you do not have to write the article.
So, #1 Find an image for your article
#2 Put in a title for your article
#3 Put in the text by copying the article below IN 3 COLUMNS!
#4 Put in lines between the text columns
#5 Put in rectangular boxes or any other geometric visual elements you like
Make your page look as professional as you can by not putting an excessive amount of elements, nor by leaving it too empty!
Here’s the article to copy:
In the Shang Dynasty (about 2000 BC), the earliest period we know much about, people in China worshipped a lot of different gods – weather gods and sky gods – and also a higher god who ruled over the other gods, called Shang-Ti. People who lived during the Shang Dynasty also believed that their ancestors – their parents and grandparents – became like gods when they died, and that their ancestors wanted to be worshipped too, like gods. Each family worshipped their own ancestors.
Around 1500 BC, people began to use written oracle bones to try to find out what was going to happen in the future. By the time of the Chou Dynasty (about 1100 BC), the Chinese were also worshipping a natural force called t’ien, which we usually translate as Heaven. Like Shang-Ti, Heaven ruled over all the other gods. Heaven also decided who would be the Emperor or Empress of China. The emperor or empress could only rule as long as he or she had the Mandate of Heaven (as long as Heaven wanted him or her to rule). You knew when the emperor or empress had lost the Mandate of Heaven because he or she would then be overthrown by somebody else who would become the new emperor or empress.